Buzzsaw, one of the leading real estate and construction document management systems, has announced that it will be discontinued as of January 31, 2019? According to their website:
“After this date, customers will no longer be able to renew, access or use Buzzsaw.”
If you are currently a Buzzsaw user, you will have six months to migrate your data, plans, schedules and blueprints to another state-of-the-art system.
For our residential builders, we believe there are a couple of products that lead the homebuilding industry and are used by many public builders. These systems can be either standalone solutions or integrated with many leading back-office ERP software systems. These leading document management systems share similar features and functionality that should be compared to an individual builder’s information requirements.
Some of the features to look for are:
1) Supports residential builders with plan libraries for master plan communities and standalone plans.
2) Ability to catalog and store active and inactive plans and elevations.
3) Manages master plans with multiple layers of versioning for community and lot-specific items.
4) Collaboration tool for internal departments as well as external partners needing access to documents such as blueprints, schematics and diagrams.
5) Supports user-based security which limits both internal and external users to those items deemed appropriate.
6) Supports comprehensive workflows and alerts informing construction team members that bids have been updated or blueprints have been downloaded.
7) Unlimited storage provided and the ability to add more with a simple phone call, email or text.
8) Daily backups of all files including data and diagrams.
If you would like more information about the leading document management systems being utilized by our industry, please contact us today.